Ed Hartman has scored music for film, T.V., radio, and even a planetarium. (see credits below)
Performance: Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including: Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel, Tickle Tune Typhoon, and Ellipsis. In the Northwest, he has become a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. His own bands The Olympic Marimba Band (World) and Northwest Passage (Jazz) perform music from around the world. Ed also performs as a solo one-man-band at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
Education/Teaching: Originally from Evanston, Illinois (near Chicago), Ed started his music career studying with Fred Silver (jazz drummer), and Al Skinner (mallet performer - a student of Claire Musser). He was also influenced by percussion instructors from nearby Northwestern University, Dan Spaulding and Randy Hogancamp. One other exceptional compositional influence was Don Owens (jazz band, contemporary music ensemble, and electronic music instructor). Ed received his degree in percussion from Indiana University, studying with Richard Johnson.
Ed Hartman has written articles, sheet music and books about music for Olympic Publications, and C. Alan Publications. His albums "The River", "Northwest Passage", and "Marimbells of Christmas" have received national critical acclaim.
YAMAHA Performing Artist and Clinician
- YAMAHA YM-4900 4.5 Oct Marimba
- YAMAHA YV-3710 3 Oct Vibraphone
- YAMAHA 1980 Yamaha Tour Series Drumset
- YAMAHA Keyboards
- YAMAHA O1V96 Board
- YAMAHA Yamaha Monitor Speakers
Mike Balter Mallets
Media Credits: (click on links)
Ed on IMDB
Ed's Music has appeared on these Motion Pictures:
Motion Picture Full Scoring:
- "A Rich Man" 2015 Independent Film (Short)
- "Those in Need" 2014 Independent Film (Short)
- "Trauma" 2013 STIFF 48 Hour Film (Audience Favorite) (Short)
- "Article 106" 2013 Independent Film (Short)
- "The Three Stars" 2013 Seattle International Film Festival Fly Film (Short)
- "Circumcision" 2013 Independent Film (Short)
- "Winston" 2012 Independent Film (Short)
- "Cloistered Librarians in Training" - 2011 Trailer spoof (Short)
- "Library of the Sacred Beast" - 2011 Trailer spoof (Short)
- The Map Makers: "Project Colombia"(2009 Documentary)
- "End Zone" (2008) - 2008 Seattle International Film Festival Fly Film (Short)
- Grey Linings (2008) (Partial score) - 2008 "Seattle Spirit Award" Seattle International Film Festival (Short)
- Who Made Who Productions: "Fitz"- 20087 AlbertaFilm and Television Awards Nominee: Best Feature Film (Feature)
Television - Ed's Music has appeared on:
- ABC: "Revenge"
- ABC Family: "Greek"
- ANIMAL PLANET: " Bad Dog", "Insane Pools: Off the Deep End, For the Birds"
- BPM:TV (Canada) "Grand Benders"
- BR Bayerisches (Germany): "Unter unserem Himmel" (Under our skies)
- BRAVO: “Real Housewives of Miami”
- CBS: "Lets Make a Deal", "The Young and the Restless"
- DISCOVERY: "Auction Kings", "Ultimate Homes", "New Girls on the Block", "Wild Frank in Mexico"
- FOOD": "Chopped", "Chopped Junior"
- FOX: "Lucifer", "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
- GREEN: "Emeril Green"
- HBO: "Twas the Night", "Katie Morgan", "Big Love"
- HMTV: (India 24hr News Network): Ongoing Station ID
- INDEPENDENT: "America Now"
- MSNBC: "Doc-Block"
- MTV: "Pranked", "Scarred", "Real World Road Challenge", "All I Want for Christmas", “Exposed”
- NBC: "Passions"
- NINE Network (Australia): Big Brother 12
- OXYGEN: "Art or Not", "The Art of"
- OVATION: "Bad Girls Club"
- OWN: "Michael Sam Documentary"
- PBS: "Nature", "Gourmet Adventures with Ruth", "Sit and Be Fit", "Nature", "History Detectives"
- SCIENCE: "Cicadas and Invaders 2013"
- SYFY: Naked Vegas
- TLC: "Shalom In The Home", "High Stakes Sweepers", "Toddlers and Tiaras", "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"
- TRAVEL: "Channel 5 Takes Latin", "Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends", "Relic Hunter", "Extreme Towns", "Forbes Luxe 11", "When Vacations Attack", "Tricked Out Trains"
- USA Network: "Motive"
- VOYAGE (France): "Fous de recettes", "Chef et Intrepide", "24 heures: danger", "Combat de chefs de Jamie Oliver", "Amazing Spaces", "Serial Tourist", "À table avec Ishaï"
- WE NETWORK: "Amazing Wedding Cakes", “20/20”
Games - Ed's Music has been licensed by:
- Neptoons Net
- The Rainbow Fish Game
Corporate - Ed's Music has been licensed by:
- Apache Corporation
- Avex Marketing
- Barnes and Noble
- BPS Marketing, Inc.
- Bayou Classic
- Bravo Films
- Capital One
- Coke Zero
- Comitetul Central Studio
- DDB Health
- Divine Robot Ltd.
- DoodleDo Global (Glow Ball Toy)
- Family Dollar
- Filmdog Media
- Freakonomics Radio
- Hyperion/Disney Book Group
- IdNerd Studio Ltd.
- Lavinia Productions S. L.C.
- Modem Media, 3CIM Inc.
- North American Breweries
- News International Trading Ltd
- Parragon Books, Ltd.
- P3 Mediaworks
- ProQuest Information and Learning
- Red Bull Media House
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Sports Illustrated - Time, Inc.
- Tarinatalo OY, Storyhouse LTD.
- TigerHot International
- Trailer Park
- KMYQ-2 (FOX television affiliate, Seattle, WA) 2008 Emmy Nominated Commercial
- Lightyear Productions (for Tacoma Grand Cinema)
Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including:
In the Northwest, Ed is a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. Ed performs music from around the world. Ed performs as a solo one-man-band, and with his bands, at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
- Olympic Marimba Publications: Various books & sheet music.
- Articles for Victory Music Review, Modern Drummer.